Monday, October 29, 2012

… a little reflection


A little over a week ago, Dad & I took our annual trip up to the top of Mt. Lemmon. . .






We go up to the tippy-top  -  past Ski Valley. . .
. . . up next to where the observatories are.
(NASA, weather, U of A, & others use them)

. . . there is a pretty little meadow up there that is very special to us,
. . . & we like to visit each autumn.

When we first came up - there was an itty-bitty aspen tree 
in the midst of the pines.
It was maybe 5 feet tall.

. . . this time when we visited - it is somewhere between 15 - 20 feet.
I'm always amazed at how it grows. . .
. . . & of how time passes.

It's been five years since we first trekked up there.

. . . can't believe it's been 5 years.
Amazing.


I've had these photos for over a week,
fiddling with them in Instagram & Vintique (apps on my phone),
& I've been thinking I'd post them & share them every day.
. . . but then the day get's started & I get busy.
. . . then I think that they might not be that interesting to others.
. . . when they are so very precious to me.
. . . so I let the busy-ness take over a bit & thought,
"maybe. . . tomorrow."

It's interesting - as I've noted that many bloggers have either quit blogging, 
or are taking 'breaks'. . .
 . . . & I have to admit that I've thought about that too.
I've wondered if what I had to blog about even mattered.

I think it's because when I started blogging,
I did it because I was convinced by someone else that
because I was starting my business. . . that I needed to.

So I did.

I honestly had no idea what I was supposed to do,
& for such a long time I related my blog to my business.
It was a  social media 'tool'.

ick.

That's so not me.

The blogs I have come to love are not about the businesses 
that the bloggers might own. . .
. . . but rather are about the people & their lives.
(. . .to be honest - I quit reading blogs that only promote things.
. . . & yes, I realize the irony of that - as I am guilty of that too!)

I can't tell you how many times I think about things to share with you
- or all the photos I have taken around the house 
- or of things I'm working on. . .
. . . & they are still sitting in my camera or on my computer.

I have constantly second guessed myself as to if it's "interesting enough" to share,
(. . . figuring back to the social media aspect  & my design business).
But, I've made a decision.
The 'little acorns' of this blog is me.
. . . & while, yes, I do happen to have a design business,
. . . it's not all there is about me.
So, I'm giving myself permission to make this blog more reflective 
of the other parts of my life. . .
. . .whether they are related to designing or not.

. . . & I hope you'll stick around.

(& thanks for reading this far!)

Bren

p.s. I am currently glued to the Weather Channel & my prayers are with you all who might be in the path of 'Sandy'. Please stay safe!

11 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

I understand.

Karen said...

Good Choice!! Beautiful pictures!!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

I will read and follow your blog no matter which way you decide to go with it!!

Bea said...

I share your feelings... in fact I blogged about that last Friday :)

sunny said...

I think the blogs that talk about more than quilting or fabric are the most interesting to read. It's your blog - write what you want, and we'll read!

Lou said...

I love, love reading your blog. I got my fabric last week and I'm so excited to start sewing! That's what I truly like about your blog: you motivate me to do what I love (quilt) and most importantly, to be a better person. Thank you.

Anne said...

I completely agree with you. I blog about the trivial stuff and wonder why anyone would care...then people, like you, tell me they enjoy my blog and it makes it all worthwhile. So, I'm telling you that I enjoy your blog no matter what you want to write about! :)

Louise said...

Thank you for being so diligent with your blog posting. Your's and Anne's are the first two blogs I ever viewed. Enjoy them both for the fine balance of "business" and personal touches. I am working on some hexies and like many almost glued to the coverage of the devastation. Prayers going out for any and all involved, especially the tireless work of the firefighters, police, red cross etc. I just viewed a small sign on another blog reminding us "God is in control".

Vicky said...

Your special meadow is so beautiful. I was thinking of you about the time you were there.

I love your blog, Bren. Your quilt-related posts are so wonderful, but then again it's so much fun to hear about Dad and the latest Bailey antics. The mix is perfect! I'm a loyal follower, no matter which direction you take! xox

Kristy said...

Bren, I will be here! Kristy

Sewn With Grace said...

I'm not going anywhere. My favorite posts are of what you are working on and pictures of Bailey and your Dad. Your house and studio are beautiful and it's always a treat to see them. I've been feeling much the same as you. It seems like sometimes blogging is a contest to see how much sewing we can produce and not enough of what makes each blogger unique. All the pressure takes the fun out of it. Here's to happier blogging!