Sunday, December 9, 2012

… a little blessing & a lot of love.





On December 1, 2012,
In St.Paul. Minnesota,
my sweet niece Nicole married her sweetheart, Eric.

The wedding was incredibly beautiful.
Every detail thought out.

I only had my iPhone with me - but I did get a couple of photos.
(. . . kinda blurry - like our memory of the day!)

(The lantern (top photo) was one of two that greeted everyone 
at the big wooden doors of the chapel, & was in honor & memory
of the great grandparents & grandparent (my Mom).)
Tears. . . even before the ceremony.

The chapel - is set on a lake & is made of stone 
& was an lovely setting for a wedding.

The second photo is of Nicole & Eric as the vows ceremony started.
She looked like a princess & you could see how much Eric treasures her.

The last photo I have is a rare one.
It is of my handsome brother, Scott,  & his beautiful wife, Jodi.
I say that it is rare - because it was one of the rare moments
 that they were both sitting down at the reception!
They made sure to greet everyone (about 300!) who came!

The bride & groom are coming home this week from their honeymoon 
in the warm, sunny Florida Keys. . .
. . . to a lot of snow that has fallen  while they've been gone!

The weekend was a fast trip for me & blur!
. . . & I'm looking forward to my next visit
. . . hopefully in March!

Hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

Bren


3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You were here last weekend? Beautiful wedding. My great-niece got married the same day!
Good think you are not here now - 16 inches of snow and still snowing. Maybe you will have more time in March.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Lovely photos, Bren. I especially love the memorial gesture that greeted you when you arrived. I would have been teary, too! Thanks for sharing some of the celebration with us.

I hope you have a beautiful week.
xo
Donna

Delcia R. said...

The lanterns that still light the way for your family--a beautiful tribute to loved grandparents. That flood of memories that blessed that wedding brought them there in a wonderful way. Congratulations to the wedding couple!